When you make the decision to apply for a job as a mystery shopper, you may wonder how much money you can make at the job and how quickly you can earn that money. With some jobs, you are provided a flat rate, such as $15 per hour for working at a local grocery store. You may know that paychecks are processed every week or every two weeks. As a mystery shopper, however, you are paid per assignment. This means that you will get a ton of checks or PayPal payments as soon as you get into the swing of things. However, earning that first $100 may seem like a challenge. By following a few steps, you can easily get past this hurdle.
- Look For Providers. As a first step, you should begin looking for a few providers to work with. Providers act as liaisons between mystery shoppers and retailers or others who require your services. There are dozens of providers that you can work for, and you can obtain a free list of legitimate providers through the Mystery Shopping Providers Association online.
- Sign Up To Work. Then, you can sign up to work with a few providers. There is no limit to the number of providers who you can work for, but most mystery shoppers will start out working for at least two or three. The application process generally is completed entirely online, and most providers have a straightforward application process that can be completed within about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Search For Assignments. The approval process is often quick and easy too. In fact, within just a few hours or days, you may be approved to work for several mystery shopping providers. Then, you simply have to log into their websites and search job boards to find a few assignments. If your goal is to earn $100 quickly, you may need to sign up to work on anywhere from three to five or more assignments, depending on what the rate is for those assignments.
- Complete the Site Visits. Each assignment will have a specific timeline associated with it, and this timeline gives you specific instructions regarding when the site visit needs to be completed within. Be sure to mark your calendar so that you complete all of your site visits on time. Most providers are very strict with regards to this matter, and you may not be able to work with that provider again in the future if you fail to follow the timeline on too many assignments.
- Submit Your Reports. The final step that you need to take before you can get your paychecks is to submit your reports. Your reports are completed online after your site visits are completed. They often take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. Once submitted and approved, your paycheck will typically be processed quickly. However, depending on which provider you are working with, it may take several weeks before you see your first check.